Sean Leslie | Email news tips to Sean
Premier Christy Clark says she expects to take further action to deal with the fallout from the ethnic voter outreach strategy and she is not ruling out her own resignation.
This after the resignation of Advanced Education and Multiculturalism minister John Yap today.
Yap wasn't even the minister when the ethnic outreach plan was written but still he's taking responsibility.
"I'm the minister responsible now, this issue has arisen now."
Premier Christy Clark was asked if she had ever considered resigning over this affair, she deflected the question but likely raised even more.
"And when the report is tabled, we will be likely required to take further action and I will take that action."
No word what that action will be or when the investigation into the scandal will be complete.
And a Mea Culpa from the Premier today as well.
Clark now admits she should have returned to the legislature last week to answer NDP questions about the ethnic outreach scandal.
"You know, I was, after the fact, I without prompting I offered my sincere regret to the cabinet and the caucus that I wasn't here on Thursday, I should've been."
Instead, Clark continued a previously scheduled Thursday meeting with the Vancouver Sun editorial board.
Her former leadership rival Kevin Falcon also did not give her a ringing endorsement, coming out of todays caucus meeting saying he's keeping a close eye on the investigation into the ethnic outreach scandal.
Falcon says MLA's expressed their personal feelings in the closed-door meeting.
"I certainly expressed mine but all of my comments and thoughts are for that room, they're not for out here with the greatest respect to all of you, and you know we will see how the results of the investigation that's undertaken by John Dyble pan out and the response to it, and I will be watching that carefully."
But other MLA's emerged from the meeting saying the caucus is united and "positive."