CKNW News Staff | Email news tips to firstname.lastname@example.org
A morning fire has destroyed a home in Abbotsford on Downes Road near Ross Road.
Assistant Fire Chief Jeff Adams says the fire started in the chimney and spread to the rest of the house.
"The home is heavily damaged, and not sure if it's repairable or not. It took quite awhile to get it put out, but finally got into all the little void spaces and extinguish it."
The owner has lived in the house for 86 years.
He did not have insurance.