It’s foodie Friday!
Each week, we’re joined by cookbook author and President and Founder of The Gourmet Warehouse Caren McSherry with a recipe to help you up your game in the kitchen and wow your dinner party guests.
This Friday, we’ve got the details on how to do a perfect panko crusted halibut. Nothing could be easier – and more flavourful – than this.
LISTEN: Caren McSherry offers up some tips for cooking the perfect halibut
What you’ll need
- 12 ounces fresh fish, halibut, wild salmon, cod, etc.
- ½ cup Cote d’Azur Wasabi Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Panko (Japanese-style breadcrumbs)
- 1 Tbsp. grapeseed or peanut oil for frying
How to do it
- Cut the fish into 4 equal serving pieces. Spread the mayo thinly on both sides of the fish.
- Dip into the Panko crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan to medium, fry the fish on both sides until crispy, then transfer to a hot (400 degree) oven for 6 – 10 minutes or until cooked through.
Makes 4 servings.