The investigation into allegations of misconduct by Victoria’s suspended Police Chief is going to go on a little while longer.
The Office of the Police Complaint Commissioner has accepted Chief Frank Elsner’s request for more investigation.
Andrea Spindler with the OPCC says this will likely affect disciplinary hearings which were scheduled to start April 24.
“Until that’s done the actual discipline hearing in relation to those can’t officially start,” she says.
A release from the OPCC says RCMP Chief Superintendent Trent Rolfe will be taking over as new lead investigator, following the retirement of Chief Supt. Sean Bourrie, who had previously been at the helm.
Rolfe has been given until May 9 to produce his report.
Last month, a pair of retired judges reviewed 11 allegations against Elsner, and ruled he would face a disciplinary hearing.
Elsner stands accused of sending inappropriate Tweets to a subordinate officer’s wife, workplace harassment, and later interfering with a subsequent investigation.
He was scheduled to face those allegations, eight of which were found to be serious enough to warrant further action, in a pair of separate hearings.
Elsner has filed two separate lawsuits to have the investigations tossed out.