It’s foodie Friday again, where we’re joined by cookbook author and President and Founder of The Gourmet Warehouse Caren McSherry with another mouth watering recipe.
This week, red curry bowl with rice noodles and grilled chicken.
What you’ll need
- 1 Package vermicelli rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled & sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- Sea salt & ground pepper to season chicken
- 2 limes, cut into halves
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 6 tablespoons red curry paste or 2 packages Asian Home Gourmet Red Curry
- 2 – 14-ounce cans coconut milk
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 12 asparagus spears, snapped and cut in half lengthwise, then into 1-inch pieces
- 10 snow peas, strings removed and cut on the diagonal
Soak the noodles in hot water until they are soft. Rinse, drain and set aside
In a large fry pan, heat the two Tbsp oil and add the sliced onions and garlic. Lightly brown the mixture and mix together with the cooked noodles. Set aside in the over to keep warm.
Cut the chicken in half through the middle, then into strips. Set aside.
In a two-quart saute pan heat another two tablespoons oil and stir in the curry paste, let the paste sizzle for a few minutes, then whisk in the coconut milk and coconut water.
Heat a non-stick saute pan on medium heat, ladle in about one cup of the curry sauce, bring to a simmer then add the chicken strips, turn to low with the lid on and let the chicken poach in the liquid – about 15 minutes.
While the chicken is poaching, heat the sauce up, add the asparagus, snow peas and bean sprouts. Simmer until the veggies are al dente.
To serve, place a portion of the cooked noodles in the bowl, ladle in the curry sauce along with some of the veg, add a small handful of the bean sprouts, top with the poached chicken strips and a sprinkle of the mixed fresh herbs.