Residents impacted by a huge fire which tore through a Langley condo block yesterday are being urged to register with the City to let loved ones know they’re safe.
Up to 86 units in the Paddington Station Complex at the 5600 block of 201A street were destroyed after a fire broke out on a fourth floor balcony.
Langley City Councillor Nathan Pachal says evacuees who didn’t register their name yesterday can go to the Douglas Rec Centre today.
“It’s really important for people to register so that people know that they are safe. It also means that for people who need food or shelter, who are directly impacted, they will be able to get the support that they need from the BC government.”
Pachal says the City of Langley is not taking donations at this time, but says people who want to help should only donate to local charities that they trust.