With files from Kyle Benning
Abbotsford fire fighters were busy containing a blaze that broke out at a restaurant on Gladys Avenue near George Ferguson Way at 6:30 a.m. on Thursday.
Deputy Fire Chief Jeff Adams says crews weren’t able to enter Lou’s Grill right away because the main gas meter was broken.
“We weren’t able to enter the building until we got the gas shut off which delayed into getting the fire put out.”
Adams says damage to the building is significant.
People on social media were upset to hear the news of the fire.
Rip to Lous grill
— Owen Gleboff (@owen_125) October 6, 2016
R.i.p Lous grill damn going to miss that place
— Kane (@SUPERSAVAGE24) October 6, 2016