RCMP in Alberta have arrested a 22-year-old man who is being questioned about the toddler taken from her Blairmore home early yesterday morning.
But Superintendent Tony Hamori is giving no other details on how the man may be involved. He says investigators also have located what they believe to be the white van described in the amber alert.
“This investigation is still really in it’s infancy stages so we want to keep all possibilities open. We don’t want to narrow our focus at this time until we are 100% certain that this is the van that is involved.”
Despite the arrest and locating what could be the van, Hamori says the search for two-year-old Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette continues and the Amber Alert stands.
The Amber Alert is presently active in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and the State of Montana for a 2-year-old female named Hailey, abducted from Blairmore, Alberta on Monday, September 14th.
Description of Missing Child:
- 2-year-old Caucasian girl
- Small build
- Light brown, straight hair with bangs
- Brown eyes
- Alberta RCMP is requesting assistance in locating abducted female child aged 2 years, from Blairmore, Alberta.
- Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette was taken from her home in Blairmore, Alberta at about 3:30 a.m. on Monday, September 14th, by what investigators are calling an “unknown person.”
- Child is possibly traveling with suspect in a full sized white van with aerial buggy whip on the back no license available. UPDATE: This van may have been located, police yet to confirm.
- DO NOT APPROACH. Call 911.
Father found dead in family home
On Monday, RCMP confirmed the toddler’s father, Terry Blanchette, was found dead in his home from where the young girl was taken.
Police are treating the death as a homicide.