With just a few days to get ballots in, Elections BC says 44.7-percent of voters have sent in their vote in the transit funding plebiscite.
Almost 699,000 ballot packages have been returned since March 16th, with 191,000 coming from Vancouver, 117,000 from Surrey, and 64,000 from Burnaby.
Despite those totals, the least buy in appears to come from voters in Surrey.
In that city, just 39.5-percent have actually returned ballots.
Deadline fast approaching
There is a bit of time left.
The packages need to be received by Elections BC by 8 pm this Friday.
It’s too late to put it in the mail, but you can hand deliver your vote to the Plebiscite Service offices located throughout the region.
The locations of those offices are:
- Capilano Mall, North Vancouver
- Central City Mall, Surrey
- Chinatown Plaza, Vancouver
- City Square Shopping Centre, Vancouver
- Coquitlam Centre, Coquitlam
- Haney Place Mall, Maple Ridge
- Lougheed Town Centre, Burnaby
- Richmond Centre Mall, Richmond
- Willowbrook Shopping Centre, Langley