Fire crews are investigating after an apartment fire in Abbotsford Sunday evening.
Assistant Fire Chief Dave Rivett says when crews arrived at the Park Lane Apartments around 6pm, smoke could be seen coming out from a suit on the third floor.
Rivett says two men in their twenties had already put out most of the flames with fire extinguishers – a commendable but dangerous move that landed both in hospital with smoke inhalation.
“There’s a considerable amount of damage done to the suit, and the fire is under investigation.”
Rivett says most tenants have been allowed back in.
No other injuries have been reported.