Marcella Bernardo | Email news tips to Marcella
Despite Delta Mayor Lois Jackson's assertion an upcoming vote on plans to develop part of the Southlands will be un-biased, an opponent of the controversial project remains un-convinced.
Richard Kunz with the group 'Southlands the Facts' has been speaking out against any residential or commercial development on that land for the past two years.
The Boundary Bay resident is convinced the controversial project will be approved as early as next month.
An application to have the agricultural property re-zoned for residential use is expected to go before council December 17th.
The Century Group is willing to donate 80% of the 215-hectare site to Delta if the remaining 20% can be developed.
The current appraised value is $32.2-million, but if the application's approved, it could jump to more than $135-million.