It’s foodie Friday again, where we’re joined by cookbook author and President and Founder of The Gourmet Warehouse Caren McSherry with another mouth watering recipe.
This week, we’re getting into the spirit of spring with something fresh, light, and deliciously savoury: Prosciutto wrapped asparagus!
What you need
- 12 slices thin Italian Prosciutto
- 24 fresh asparagus spears
- 1 packet Boursin cheese, garlic herb flavour
How to do it
- Lay the prosciutto on your work surface, Cut the strips in half lengthwise.
- Spread the prosciutto lightly with a smear of Boursin.
- Lay the asparagus spear on the end and roll up, leaving the tip exposed,
- When ready to serve, heat your bbq or non stick fry pan to high heat, lay the wrapped asparagus in the pan and sauté until the prosciutto is crispy and the spears are bright green.
- Serve hot.
- As a bonus, this dish can be prepared a day ahead, and left in the refrigerator until needed.