It’s the second trial in connection to the death of 19-year-old Luka Gordic, who was stabbed to death in Whistler nearly two years ago in what has been described as a swarming attack.
This week marks the last two days of proceedings for the accused at BC Supreme Court.
Dressed in a grey suit, Arvin Golic sat in the prisoners box with his head down, rocking back and forth, occasionally looking up.
Crown Counsel Hank Reiner made final submissions, going over details of the night of the attack.
More than a dozen of Luka’s family and friends sat in the gallery.
Luka’s dad Mitch says he hasn’t missed a day of trial.
READ MORE: Burnaby teen stabbed and killed in Whistler
“Hopefully, they’ll go away for a long time in jail, I guess that’s called justice.”
Golic, who was 18-years-old at the time of the attack, is charged with second-degree murder.
Crown says it will be at least a couple of months until the judge hands down a decision for Golic.
Three other youths are also charged in the case, that trial took place in October 2016.
During that trial, Crown’s opening statements saw prosecutor Julie Robinson say Gordic had travelled to Whistler earlier in the day and witnesses saw him approach another group of young men.
Crown said Gordic told the group he heard the accused was abusive to his ex-girlfriend, and he should stop treating her that way.
Word got back to the accused, which prompted several angry phone calls and a plan to meet at the Olympic rings to fight.
Crown said when the accused didn’t show, Gordic continued on with his fun-filled weekend.
Gordic was exiting a 7/11 when he was swarmed by a group of eight to 15 young males and stabbed three times, once through the heart, according to the prosecution.
That trial has wrapped up and a decision is expected to come down June 15.