The B.C. Coroners Service believes the death of four people near Ashcroft was caused by carbon monoxide poisoning.
Police discovered the four bodies – two adults and two children – in a residence in Venables Valley on Friday afternoon.
Authorities had been called to the home for a well-being check when they located the bodies.
Coroners Service suspects carbon monoxide in the #VenablesValley tragedy that claimed four lives. Foul play ruled out.
— Jon Meyer (@jonmeyer_980) March 27, 2017
The Coroners Service says this discovery means foul play can be safely ruled out.
They did not identify the source of the gas, though investigations are still ongoing – toxicology tests are currently underway, with results expected later this week.
We will have more on this story as it develops.
With files from Tristan Martin-Woodhouse and Jill Slattery