Vancouver fire crews were busy Tuesday night.
“When we arrived on scene, we had smoke coming from different areas of the house, from the chimney and the soffits and the basement, we performed a rapid fire attack.”
Fire Assistant Chief Peter Bridge says shortly after 11 o’clock crews were called to 3936 West 26th Avenue.
He says the house was under renovation.
“It was an accidental fire started by an old ceramic heater and it just shorted and caught the combustable materials in the basement on fire.”
Bridge says nobody was in the house or injured.