Citing “compelling circumstances” Vancouver Police are warning the public about a high-risk sexual offender who is now living in the city.
Forty-six-year-old Michael Wayne Carpenter has a long criminal past and is currently serving a 10-year long-term supervision order
Police say Carpenter poses a risk to vulnerable female children, teens, and adults.
Under his order, Carpenter will be bound by the terms of a long-term supervision order, which includes the following conditions:
- not to consume, purchase, or possess alcohol or drugs
- not to own, use or possess a computer, or any technological device that would allow access to the internet
- not to be in the presence of any female children under the age of 18, except in certain conditions
- not to purchase, acquire, possess or access pornography or sexually explicit material
- report all friendships, sexual relationships, and intimate relationships with women
- not to go to Kamloops, BC
- not to enter any private dwelling or places including, but not limited to hotels, motels, rooming houses, SRO residences, private residence/dwelling, or vehicles
Anyone witnessing Michael Wayne Carpenter in violation of any of these conditions is asked to call 9-1-1.