A dog has saved the day after his barking in the middle of the night alerted his owner to a condo fire.
Brittany Cosgrove was sleeping soundly in her downtown Vancouver apartment in the early hours of Sunday when she suddenly heard her terrier Leo barking.
Cosgrove says wires belonging to an old bathroom fan fitting had caught fire.
But the blaze never triggered any fire alarms to go off.
“I kept on hearing the barking and so I checked on the apartment. I didn’t see any smoke , it never gave me any signals that it would be a fire whatsoever and then I opened my bathroom door. The flames were dripping down into the floor and the floor had a big hole in it.”
Cosgrove says if it weren’t for Leo’s barking, the apartment block could have burned down.
With files from Global News