Around two dozen people were forced into the cold after a fire ignited in their apartment building in Vancouver’s West end.
The blaze broke out at the three-storey building on Barclay Street just after 2 a.m. Saturday.
Vancouver Fire Rescue Service Battalion Chief Ken Abel tells Global News the two-alarm fire began in a second-floor unit’s bathroom ceiling and it spread to the upstairs unit and to the roof.
Initial reports suggest it was an electrical fire but no cause has yet been determined.
No word yet on when residents will be allowed to return home.