If you missed the top stories of the day, we’ve got you covered in 60 seconds.
Here’s what you need to know on December 7, 2016:
- The City of Vancouver has proposed a 0.5% property tax increase to combat the drug overdose crisis. If approved, it will be on top of the already proposed 3.4% increase. Council votes on Tuesday.
- A storm is brewing! Significant snowfall amounts are expected late Thursday evening. Temperatures this morning dipped briefly to -5.9°C at the airport.
- Storm prep is underway: City crews in Vancouver will target bus routes and bridge decks, while TransLink is taking steps to make sure tracks and bus wires don’t freeze over.
- Vancouver Police have found 56 kilos of suspected cocaine during a stop in East Vancouver. Estimated street value of the drug haul? $4.5 million.
- Christy Clark is praising her Alberta counterpart, saying NDP Premier Rachel Notley showed a lot of courage in coming to B.C. to speak out in support of the Kinder Morgan pipeline expansion.