In anticipation of the Evergreen Line going into operation later this year TransLink is re-jigging routes.
Vivienne King with TransLink says the Expo Line will have two branches one to Surrey, the other to Production Way in Burnaby.
The Millennium line will no longer go into Downtown.
“The system on the Millenium Line running from VCC Clark to Lougheed station from tomorrow morning. We want our customers to be aware of this and be ready for the change,” says King.
Once the Everergreen line opens, The Millennium line will move between VCC-Clark and Lafarge Lake-Douglas stations in Coquitlam.
- The Expo Line will have two branches. One will travel between Waterfront in downtown Vancouver and King George Station in Surrey. A second will travel between Waterfront and Production Way-University in Burnaby.
- The Millennium Line will no longer travel to Waterfront Station, instead, it will travel east-west from VCC-Clark station in Vancouver to Lougheed Town Centre in Burnaby.
- Customers can transfer between Expo and Millennium lines at Commercial-Broadway, Lougheed Station or Production Way-University.
- Customers transferring between the Expo and Millennium Line at Production Way-University can hop off one train and onto another on the same platform.
- Once the Evergreen Extension opens, the Millennium Line will operate between VCC-Clark and Lafarge Lake/Douglas stations. Customers will have a one-seat ride between Lafarge Lake/Douglas and VCC-Clark with no transfer required.
King says Mark three(III) cars – which carry 20 to 50 more passengers – will be put into the Expo Line.
According to King the Expo Line originally was going to see between 45 to 60 seconds in additional waits, but after numerous complaints from the public, King says TransLink changed its time table.
“To make sure that we keep the frequencies as short as we can. People mostly will feel about a 25 second change in the Expo Line.”
She says TransLink does not have an official opening date for the Evergreen Line, but that it should be sometime before the new year.