The case of an RCMP officer charged with child luring has been put over to Nov. 2 in Provincial Court in Surrey.
A lawyer representing Cst. Dario Devic appeared on his behalf in a Surrey court today in order to fix the next court date.
Devic was allegedly snared in a sting by the Surrey Creep Catchers group last month.
In anticipation of his court appearance members of the organization rallied this afternoon, calling for tougher punishments.
As members stand with backs to cameras and women covering their faces with bandanas, member Tawny Goldrick says it’s unfair the group has received backlash from authorities for publicly shaming alleged pedophiles.
“How is this not relevant to society when clearly there is an epidemic going on of creeps trying to lure kids?”
Parent Alison Kegel says she is standing in support with members.
“I think RCMP don’t have the funding or the time to do this. They are very busy, there are underfunded. I don’t think they have the resources. I think Surrey Creep Catchers is filling a place that needs to be filled in.
She says the group is a vital public service.
Surrey Creep Catchers President, Ryan Laforge, says the group is calling for change.
“Minimum sentencing for sexual assault on children.”
Surrey Creep Catcher president Ryan Laforge won't disclose how many members in B.C. But says they will 'take over' all of BC by end of yr pic.twitter.com/4P14VrfTKV
— Emily Lazatin (@EmilyLazatin980) October 19, 2016
Both members say even with backlash from authorities and the public the group will continues its work, saying Surrey Creep Catchers will take over all of B.C. by the end of the year.