RCMP are providing details about a number of charges laid in connection with a series of attacks and sexual assaults in the Lower Mainland.
Five men and an unnamed youth face a string of charges, including nine Sexual Assault charges, three counts of Forcible Confinement, a Disguise with Intent charge, an Indictable Offence charge and a slew of Break and Enter charges.
- Michal Popek faces 4 counts of Sexual Assault, and 1 count Break and Enter.
- David Tucker faces charges of 3 counts Sexual Assault, 3 counts Robbery, 3 counts Forcible Confinement, 1 count Break and Enter, and 1 count Disguise with Intent.
- Vaughan Englot faces 3 counts Sexual Assault.
- Jason White charged with Assault Causing Bodily Harm, Break and Enter, breach Long Term Supervision Order.
- Yuan Zhi Gao charged with Break and Enter to Commit an Indictable Offence.
- Unnamed youth faces 2 counts Sexual Assault, 1 count Indecent Act, 1 count Assault.
The attacks took place in Vancouver, North Vancouver, Burnaby and the UBC Endowment Lands.
RCMP credit cooperation among police forces across Metro Vancouver, a real time Intelligence Centre, and the RCMP Behavioural Sciences Unit.
Even with the long list of charges, RCMP still say a number of offences remain unsolved.
Police are asking for anyone who has been victimized to step forward.