The Amber Alert is presently active in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and the State of Montana for a 2-year-old female named Hailey, abducted from Blairmore, Alberta on Monday, September 14th.
Description of Missing Child:
- 2-year-old Caucasian girl
- Small build
- Light brown, straight hair with bangs
- Brown eyes
- Alberta RCMP is requesting assistance in locating abducted female child aged 2 years, from Blairmore, Alberta.
- Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette was taken from her home in Blairmore, Alberta at about 3:30 am.m in Monday, September 14th, by what investigators are calling an “unknown person.”
- Child is possibly traveling with suspect in a full sized white van with aerial buggy whip on the back no license available.
- DO NOT APPROACH. Call 911.
Father found dead in family home
RCMP say the toddler’s father, Terry Blanchette, was found dead in his home from where the young girl was taken.
Police are treating the death as a homicide.
So far they have no suspects saying there could be one person behind this or a number of people.
The amber alert went out at 12:15 Alberta time.
It has since been issued in BC, Saskatchewan and Montana.
Co-workers of the abducted girl’s father are in shock.
Tammy Tracey is the manager at Pure Country Bar & Grill near Blairmore.
She says Terry Blanchette is a “good kid” , in his late 20’s, who works hard as a cook to support his daughter.
She says there were no problems dealing with the mother of his child.
“It was fine, she had her for two weeks, and then he had her for two weeks, they just shared custody.”
Tracey is shutting down the restaurant as employees deal with shock and grief- after reading reports in the Edmonton Sun that their co-worker has been killed, and his daughter is missing.