Citing compelling circumstances, the Vancouver Police Department is warning the public about 44-year-old Michael Wayne Carpenter, a federal offender who has been released from custody after serving an eight year sentence for sexual assault with a weapon, forcible confinement, and threatening to cause death or bodily harm.
It is believed he poses a risk of significant harm to the safety of female children, youth and adults, and he is now residing in Vancouver.
Carpenter has multiple sexual assault convictions, many of those included attacks on hotel employees. He is described as white, 5’9″ tall, 180 lbs. with brown shaved hair and blue eyes.
Subject to a long term supervision order, Carpenter is bound by the following conditions:
- Not to consume, purchase, or possess alcohol or drugs
- Not to own, use or possess a computer, or any device that would allow access to the internet
- Not to be in the presence of any female children under the age of 18
- Not to purchase, acquire, possess or access pornography or sexually explicit material
- Report all friendships, sexual relationships and intimate relationships with women
Anyone witnessing Michael Carpenter in violation of any of these conditions is asked to contact 911 immediately.