The cause of last week’s massive fire on Shaughnessy Street in Port Coquitlam that damaged six businesses has been determined.
Fire Chief Nick Delmonico says it’s not suspicious.
“Well we just concluded our investigation process and it’s been determined the fire started in an electric towel warmer in the barber shop and spread from there up the wall into the void space in the ceiling and spread from there.”
It forced the evacuation of nearly a 100 homes and City Hall.
No one was hurt.
Damage is estimated to be in the millions of dollars.
Photograph via Walter Warner/Twitter