Family and friends are grieving the death of a 17-year-old Burnaby teen who overdosed from what’s expected to have been fentanyl.
A family friend writes on Facebook: “You made your imprint on life Jack Bodie, Rest in Peace my friend, and God Bless You – Hopefully your death will not have been in vain.”
In another post, Lori Moniz posts a warning about fentanyl, saying the drug is being mixed and distributed in unknown but toxic and fatal doses, mixed with cocaine, heroin, oxycontin, and is up to 100 times more potent than morphine.
Bodie died Monday after being removed from life support.
He and a 16-year-old boy were rushed to hospital two days earlier after they were found passed out a park in Vancouver.
The other boy survived.
Watch the video from an investigative report by Maclean’s magazine on what is being called Canada’s deadliest drug.