The Premier continues to say there will not be an inquiry into the firings of eight health researchers.
Christy Clark says there have been legal and privacy issues that have made it difficult to disclose any information.
“So what I am doing now is looking at how we can share as much information, disclose as much information, as absolutely legally allowed and make sure that we really come up with some answers in a very timely and cost effective way. I mean those are the principals that we’re working from.”
Clark adds these were decisions made by the civil service not by politicians.
Meanwhile, Former health minister Mike de Jong says he takes some responsibility for the firings scandal in 2012.
He was in charge three years ago when the investigation was launched into an alleged data breach.
Eight workers were fired, one of whom later killed himself. Some of them sued the government for wrongful dismissal, and Premier Christy Clark later apologized.
“Ministers assume a political accountability for what transpires under their watch.”
On Tuesday, de Jong told reporters he takes responsibility for the way the investigation was handled, but he doesn’t support the many calls that have been made for public inquiry.
“What is the question that is to be answered by an inquiry, that generally will require spending millions upon millions of dollars?”
De Jong says he’s confident proper procedures are now in place to make sure employees are treated fairly in all circumstances.
The province has apologized for the botched investigation, but so far, has refused requests for an inquiry as well.