A Vancouver man and his Australian girlfriend have been found dead in a cabin outside Sydney.
Derek Kehler, a Manitoba musician who lived in Vancouver, and girlfriend Helena Curic, may have asphyxiated from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Police say it appears they had some kind of makeshift heater in the cabin and there wasn’t any ventilation.
Curic’s family members discovered the bodies Monday morning.
Kehler grew up in Manitoba and lived in Vancouver, where he performed under the name Steel Audrey.
According to the Sydney Daily Telegraph, Kehler and Curic met at a Vancouver IT firm and moved to the company’s Sydney office.