Fraser Health wants anybody who received a food hamper from the Share Community Services Food Bank in Port Moody to avoid the candy included in them.
That candy mix contains camphor moth balls.
Fraser Health Medical Health Officer Doctor Shovita Padhi says the hampers were given out over the last two weeks.
They’re trying to find the recipients of the baskets.
“We will be doing our best to contact these households to determine and assess who is at risk. If they ate some of the candy but they’re not having symptoms as of yet to call poison control.”
People living in the Tri-Cities, Belcarra and Anmore would have picked up the packages.
Anybody who received a hamper from this food bank should pack the candy mix into a bag, and throw it in the garbage.
Anybody who may have eaten the candy should call poison control.
Symptoms of ingesting camphor include shortness of breath, vomiting, and seizures.