An early morning fire has sent a family of four in Surrey and a visiting relative to hospital.
It was 3:30 a.m. when fire crews arrived to the home on 111 Avenue at 153A Street.
Battalion Chief Brian Carmichael says by then, the situation was dire.
“The home was fully involved. There were flames coming out most of the windows and there was a large tree in the front yard that also caught on fire.”
Everyone was out of the house at that point, but an uncle staying with the family was burned and taken to hospital. The parents and two kids are being treated for smoke inhalation.
No word yet if the family had insurance or if the home can be saved.
Carmichael says the blaze doesn’t look suspicious, but investigators are still at the scene trying to figure out what happened.